17 March 2012

Less Government


Not just less Federal government, but less state government, less county government, and less local government.

I want much less regulation, lower benefits, fewer programs, fewer entitlements, much less legislation, very few new laws; and very much lower taxes.

I want less of all of it.  I use very few and very little of the things my excessive taxes pay for.  I am helping to pay for things I’ll never want nor ever use.  I did not ask for nor approve of hardly anything that has been added to the role of the Federal Government in my lifetime.

I am opposed to mandatory participation in any government benefit program.  All benefit programs should be optional to those who wish to participate and hope to get a specific benefit promised to them in the future if the conditions are met and you can trust a government provider to deliver.  I don’t like Social Security, which I receive and paid into for fifty years.  I didn’t like Medicare in 1968 and don’t like it now that I’m eligible.  In fifty years of working I was only unemployed for 2 days twice, once in 1966 and once in 1988, and didn’t get unemployment benefits either time.   

I’ve never received any entitlement support of any kind, never applied for any.  Never needed any help from government, never asked for any.  My family, friends, co-workers and associates were always available to provide just a little help when it was truly needed.

We’ve wandered far as a nation from any sensible constraints on government, far from what our forefathers envisioned, way far from what little I want the government to do.

The only things I want the Federal government to do for our citizens are clearly listed in the Constitution and its amendments, and the things I don’t want them to do to us are clearly defined in our Bill of Rights.

Stop doing anything else.  Definitely stop excessively helping those, who crave, lobby for, and who will become dependent upon extravagant entitlements, destroying their self-esteem, initiative and personal responsibility.

Excessive, unnecessary, lavish government assistance is destroying our nation and its people.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment