08 December 2010

IDC

I Don’t Care:

What your religion is or where you’re from.  How old you are, if you are rich or poor, or don’t have health insurance.

If you’re here legally, I don’t care what your ethnicity is. I don’t care what your parents or your grandparents or other ancestors did or didn’t do, or had done to them, or didn’t have done for them.

I care if you’re disabled or stupid. I don’t care if you’re just ignorant.

I don’t care if you smoke, overeat, or do drugs; as long as I’m not paying for them or health care for you.

I don’t care if your children are hungry. Feeding them is your job. I don’t care if you are hungry, that’s also your job. Unless you are disabled, which may mean I’ll choose with others to provide you some minor conditional aid.

I don’t care who or what you have sex with, with consent.

I don’t care if you abuse yourself, just don’t abuse me or others, and don’t ask for my help.

Don’t think I’m willing to pay for anything for you. I don’t owe you anything. I don’t want anything for you or from you, and I don’t expect anything of you.

Your misery or success isn’t any of my business. If I don’t know you, I probably don’t want to. If I don’t notice you, it’s not disrespect, I just don’t care to.

I don’t care who you are or what you are about, my life is complicated and dramatic enough. If you think you’re smart you’re probably one of the 94 % who thinks they are smarter than average, but 47% of you aren’t.

If you are incompetent, I realize you can’t know it.

I don’t care what you believe, just tell me what you know; it will take much less time and I’ll assume you will believe nearly anything else.

You see, I truly don’t care who you think you are, what your problem is, why you are here, or if you think you are owed something. I earned what I have and I don’t owe you anything and I’m not interested in buying anything for you; not Social Security, not Medicare, not food, not housing, not health care, not dignity, not respect, not education, not honor, not even pity.

You have to earn them all yourself.

I care about my citizen rights and yours’ as written in the Constitution and Bill of Rights, and as decided by the Supreme Court, and the size and power of governments; not much else.

I'm for individual responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment