27 September 2010

No New Taxes,

Like the Value Added Tax

Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea of a consumption tax. I just don’t like the current European like version of it. I like the idea of, if you don’t buy anything you don’t pay anything. I don’t think it’s noticeably regressive on poor people. If they are truly poor, they’re not buying hardly anything and that’s how it should be. This tax should have no product or personal circumstance exceptions, in fact, no exceptions of any kind.

If you grow something, trade something for anything, or make something from raw materials you own; you pay nothing.

I want taxes simplified and reduced, or eliminated. I’m not interested in a better tax idea, like the so called Flat Tax, until Federal spending has been substantially cut and the current tax burden simplified and reduced for all current taxpayers and changes that require all working people to pay some income tax. Currently more than half of working people pay no income taxes.

Term limits is another idea I’m not interested in; what a ridiculous idea. I’m not interested in any more restrictions to my right to vote for the candidates of my choice.  I don't like the current crop of morons we've elected, but if we get someone good, I'd like to be able to vote for them as long as they are useful.

I am against the further erosion or confiscation of any of my constitutional rights, especially my right to have and use arms and ammunition, free speech, free association, and protection from state imposed religion, property ownership, due process, protection from unreasonable search and seizure, a speedy, impartial, public trial prohibiting double jeopardy, and the rest of the Bill of Rights, Constitutional Amendments, and the rest of my individual rights not enumerated.

If the corrupt, mealy-mouthed, backstabbing cowards that have been elected could be trusted to establish a “fair tax” then I would support a better, simpler taxation scheme.

I doubt I will live that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment