27 September 2010

Cut Federal Government,

Too Large, Too Intrusive

I want the Federal government, discretionary and non-discretionary spending to be 30 to 40% less than fiscal year 2008.

I would ask incumbents one simple two part question. What have done during your political career to cut federal government spending?

I would ask incumbents and new candidates the second part; what will you do during your brief time in office to cut the cost of Federal government?

Not trim, not slow the rate of growth, but reduce the total cost of Federal government year to year until it’s 35% less, adjusted for inflation, than in FY 2008.

Their meaningful answer would need to be short and uncomplicated, not the typical obscure, complex, convoluted, caveat and nuanced filled politically correct answer.

Non-answers and meaningless answers will definitely not get my vote. Poorly contrived non-specific yes answers will not get my vote.

Yes answers that include specific programs and monetary reduction targets with a strategy for success and a plan that starts the day they arrive in DC will definitely get my vote and the votes of millions of hard working money making tax payers.

They will definitely get my vote if they list ineffective programs, offices, agencies, commissions, and departments they would eliminate. It would show me they have actually thought about it seriously.  And if they have a plan, objectives, and measurable targets to restructure and reduce entitlement benefits (i.e. Social Security, Medicare, Welfare, etc.) until they can be afforded on substantially reduced Federal revenues.

That would be a candidate I could enthusiastically support.

No comments:

Post a Comment